I was recently notified that my good blogger friend Desiree nominated me for a Sunshine Award today:
Here are the details:
About the award:
The award is circulated to those bloggers to let them know that their posts brighten your day.
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog (above).
2. Link to the person who nominated you – Desiree @ Finding the Skinny Geek Within: http://skinnygeekwithin.blogspot.com/
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated. (Note: Unfortunately, I am pretty new in the weight loss blogging world, and will only be able to nominate one other friend for this award–sorry!! If you catch me in another year or so, I could probably say different…)
Here we go!
1. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
Hands down, my absolute favorite movie of all time is probably Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. I could sing the songs from that movie all day long, and I love Baz Luhrman!
2. What is the 42nd picture on your cell phone of? Lol, this is a just a background I downloaded from an app called “WallpapersHD” on my phone…
3. Who is your favorite author?
Stephen King. Love, love, love.
4. What is your best advice for anyone who is trying to lose weight?
If you fall “off the wagon,” so to speak, don’t forget to acknowledge that and get right back on! If you fall down the stairs, you wouldn’t just pick yourself up and throw yourself down again, would you? There will be bumps along the way–it’s the persistence that matters.
5. Favorite movie quote?
“You’re breaking up with me–with a PEN?” -Say Anything, John Cusack
6. Who is your celebrity crush?
This one is difficult…hmmm…there are SO many, but I’m going to have to go with either Alexander Skarsgard (Eric in True Blood) OR Joseph Gordon Levitt–he’s such a cutie patootie!
7. If you were given $10,000 to give to any charity, which one would you give to?
Also another hard one–probably anything that promotes healthy lifestyles amongst American kids…
8. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
What did I NOT want to be when I was growing up? At one point, (and I swear I’m not making this up), I actually wanted to be a judge…???
9. Since Fall is on the way, what was your favorite Halloween costume growing up?
The Pink Power Ranger. Hands down.
10. What’s your favorite inspirational or motivational quote?
I’m gonna have to go with Desiree on this one: “Do or do not. There is no try.” –Yoda
I nominate Jessica from “It is not just about the food” at http://itisnotjustaboutthefood.blogspot.com/. I’m going to keep Desiree’s questions for her to answer, because I think that they are really good!!
I had a great time at zumba last night and am looking forward to doing it again today after work. Sweating is the best! WI day tomorrow–fingers crossed for a good week!