Happy 2014, friends!
I hope you all had a wonderful NYE and are spending today relaxing and enjoying the New Year. I myself am happy to report this mind-boggling mystery:
OK, so this is a serious WTF moment for me. I do not understand my body AT. ALL. I’m not complaining–no, not at all–1.6 lbs lost between last week and this is phenomenal considering that I ate like a piggy and only did 30 minutes of zumba. But again, wtf? I really thought that I would have gained this week, especially with it being TOM week. But, I’m just going to be thrilled with the loss and chalk it up to a New Year’s Miracle, lol. Now I’m still 4 lbs lighter than when I weighed in for the weight loss challenge at work on Nov. 19–yay! And maybe next week when I weigh in at work I’ll be even lighter, as TOM will have gone away. We’ll see. Either way, I’m ecstatic about this loss!
Last night was fun–we spent most of the night with my parents and played “King of Tokyo” (the awesome game I bought my dad for xmas) with them, and then at around 11pm we went to Bre and Scott’s to ring in the New Year. It was really great to see them after a couple weeks of being out of town, and we decided that we’re going to spend our last night of freedom tonight before we all start work again playing DnD. Woo! Here’s my cute pony dress that I wore to their house (not to mention I have a brand spankin’ new haircut that I love!):
OK, so now it’s time for some serious reflection and goal-making. 2013 was a great year for many reasons, so here are my top 10:
1. I LOST 53 POUNDS TOTAL!
2. I started my new job (still there) on January 7, 2013 and still absolutely love it and the people I work with. I couldn’t have gotten luckier in a workplace.
3. I reconnected with Bre (we have gone to school together since we were 5 but fell out of touch in high school/college) and now she and Scott are our absolute best friends.
4. A continuation of #3–we discovered DnD and our love for all things gaming!!
5. Another continuation…GENCONNNNNNNNNN!!
6. I have discovered that even though it’s hard most of the time, there is a huge amount of joy that comes with being physically active.
7. Even though it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, giving Sadie back to the shelter has ended up being one of the best decisions ever–Clara is a happier dog, it is easier and less stressful for us, and Sadie got adopted so quickly to a forever home where I know she will be well taken care of.
8. Patrick started automotive tech school and is on his way to his career. I am so, so proud of him. He will graduate this summer!
9. Patrick also just VERY recently started a weight loss blog too! http://www.chunky2hunky.blogspot.com
10. This was my first year without working in the summer at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp since 2007…although it was very hard for me to let go, I am proud of myself for how I was able to handle not being there this summer–plus, I got to visit my good friends there even though I wasn’t working!
SCORE. I’m watching The Fellowship of the Ring on TNT, and they just showed that it’s a marathon–The Two Towers is on next…woo! Looks like I know what I’ll be doing the rest of the afternoon…lol.
OK, so now it’s time for some serious goal setting. I should probably set 10 goals to go along with my top 10, but I’m not sure if I can handle 10 goals. IDK, I probably can…but let’s just stick with something like 5 for now (although it’ll end up being more because the weight loss goals will be multiple-fold).
1. Along the lines of weight loss/fitness:
a. Lose another 50 lbs this year (it would put me around 170 lbs by the end of the year)
b. Continue to go to zumba classes as frequently as possible
c. Eat fewer processed foods/freezer meals (this one is HARD for me…but I got a huge new crockpot for xmas so that should help!)
d. Blog at least 6 times a month for accountability
e. Set up a non food-related reward system
2. Swear less! I use swear words way too often. It needs to stop, it’s just not attractive.
3. Talk to my brother more. Kyle is SO super awesome, and he only lives an hour away. He is a gamer too so I want to get over there sometime to visit him and his girlfriend and to play games. We’re not estranged or anything, we just don’t talk much. So I’m gonna try to change that!
4. Eliminate some credit card debt. I am probably one of the only people I know who only has ONE credit card. It’s got a low limit, but right now, it’s racked ALL the way up, and I need to pay it down.
5. Rosetta Stone Spanish. I’ve been doing this more lately, but have slacked off in the past couple of weeks. I need to do some every day, even if it means going into work a little bit early in the morning. I’m not sure how much of it I can get through in a year with just 30 minutes or so a day, but I’m going to do my best!
Well, there you have it, folks. I need to think long and hard about the reward system that I want to set up for myself, because usually non-food rewards cost $$, so I’ll need to figure that out. But that will probably be a post coming up, so keep your eyes peeled for that one. Hope you all are having a wonderful first day of 2014. Love to all of you!